How to create content for Instagram
A lot of small business owners feel like they don’t get Instagram and quite frankly, they’re not alone. But truth is, Instagram is one of the important and booming apps to use for growing your business.
This is why in our previous workshop, we centred content creation for Instagram because it’s essential to incorporate it in your marketing strategies. And just because you don’t understand it doesn’t mean you should ignore or avoid it altogether.
To understand a bit about Instagram, look at these interesting facts below:
- It has 1 billion monthly active users
- It’s the 2nd most engaged network after Facebook
- 71% under the age of 35
- 83% of people discover new products/ services on Instagram
- 500 million are using Instagram Stories commonly known as Instastories
- 80% of people use Instagram to make buying decisions
With all these facts, it should be clear that having a presence on this platform can be beneficial to your small business in many ways that you can imagine. Our Guest Speaker and Fitness Influencer, Melissa Lewis is a testament that if you work hard enough on your brand, you’ll eventually reap the rewards. She built her brand from ground to where she is now as an influencer who works with various brands.
The key to building your brand in a very competitive online space such as Instagram is creating content that is of superior quality. That includes, images, captions, hashtags, and videos. In order to do any of these, you have to start outlining your goals for being in the platform in the first place. Once you have that, you can build a content strategy that aligns with your goals.
The great thing about this platform is, you have enough creative freedom to try things out and assess their impact for your business and the role they play where your goals are concerned. Another bonus is, you don’t need to buy special tools to work on Instagram, your smartphone is all you need. For pictures, videos, and most editing apps are available free of charge.
The content you create should also be engaging and have a call to action. Creating engaging content can be done in these few ways:
- Product/Service – Showing customers how to use your products/services and how that benefits them.
- Tips/ Education – Offer tips or educational information general to your industry and not necessarily about your specific brand.
- User-Generated Content – This is when your customers share how to use your products/services.
- Reviews – Your customers can share their experiences with your product/services.
- Giveaways – Everyone loves giveaways, it shows your customers you value them enough to gift them with your product/service.
- Cause-Related – Joining forces with a good cause that aligns with your brand vision.
There are many ways to play around with content, what’s important is that it must be authentic, consistent, factual and engaging. It must serve a purpose for your brand and for your customer.
In our upcoming workshop we’ll be talking about creating an effective marketing strategies to grow your brand. Seats are limited so if you would like to attend please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.